2019 Women's Fall Retreat
Dates & Times
Sep 20-22, 20197:00pm - 1:00pm
Four to a Room$75
Three to a Room$136
Two to a Room$172
One to a Room$275
Weekend without Lodging$75
"You're Braver Than You Know!"
We all have our own ideas about what it means to be brave and courageous. Seldom do any of us use those words to describe ourselves. But every woman is much braver than she might think in the ordinary everyday circumstances of life.
As we discuss and answer questions regarding what it means to be brave, we'll explore how God wants each of us to be brave, just like he inspired 50 women in the Bible to be brave beyond their expectations of themselves. Together, we'll look at ways to be brave when we put our hope and faith in the only One who can give us the courage to stay the course.
This topic is inspired by Janet's latest book Everyday Brave: Living Courageously as a Woman of Faith.
AWARD WINNING CHRISTIAN AUTHOR AND SPEAKER, Janet Thompson, is the founder of Woman to Woman Mentoring and About His Work Ministries, also known as AHW Ministries. Janet’s passion and focus is one generation teaching and training God’s life lessons to the next generation. Her tagline is the subtitle of her latest book, Mentoring for All Seasons: Sharing Life Experiences and God’s Faithfulness. It’s God’s plan for the continuation of the church.
One generation will commend your works to another.—Psalm 145:4
Janet is the author of:
* Mentoring for All Seasons: Sharing Life Experiences and God’s Faithfulness
* Woman to Woman Mentoring: How to Start, Grow, and Maintain a Mentoring Ministry DVD Leader Kit
* Forsaken God? Remembering the Goodness of God our Culture Has Forgotten
* The Team That Jesus Built: How to Develop, Equip, and Commission a Women’s Ministry Team
* Face-to-Face Bible Study Series
* God’s Best for Your Life First Place 4 Health Bible Study
* Praying for Your Prodigal Daughter Hope, Help, & Encouragement for Hurting Parents
* Dear God, They Say It’s Cancer: A Companion Guide for Women on the Breast Cancer Journey
* Dear God, Why Can’t I Have a Baby? A Companion Guide for Couples on the Infertility Journey
* Dear God, He’s Home! A Woman’s Guide to Her Stay-at-Home Man
Janet has an MBA from Californian Lutheran University and a Master of Arts in Christian Leadership, with an emphasis on equipping the laity, from Fuller Theological Seminary. She is also a CLASS (Christian Leaders Authors and Speakers Services) graduate, a member of AWSA (Advanced Writers and Speakers Association), and a freelance writer for Crosswalk.com.
Janet and her husband Dave have four children and eleven amazing grandchildren, whom they love to tell about Jesus. Today they both continue to mentor and nurture faith in their family and serve the Lord. Dave is retired and a helpmate partner with Janet in About His Work Ministries.
After living in Southern California her entire life, Janet and Dave moved to the rural mountains of Idaho, where the deer and the elk roam and they love their cozy cabin home!